TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Unsteady idle/hesitation when at low rpm.
People Seeking Info

Subject Unsteady idle/hesitation when at low rpm.

Posted by YlwPrlZTT on November 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 471 times.

Message I just began having this problem, it seems to happen after the car has been sitting overnight and when the engine is cold. When I turn the engine on the rpm will go up to about 1,500 just like any normal start and then will drop down to almost 0 (car almost dies, all the lights come on momentarily, but it keeps running), rise back up to 1000, drop back to almost 0, so on and so forth for about 15-20 seconds before it stabilizes at around 500-600 rpm. I have the idle set to around 750 and when everything works properly that's where it's at. When driving I can feel slight hesitation at lower rpms but it goes away as soon as I get past that point. If i drive for about 10 min the problem goes away. Sometimes it comes back the next day, sometimes it doesn't. Any way to test the IACV? I can hear a weird hissing sound going through the hose connecting the balance tube to the IACV, it's a new hose and I checked for vacuum leaks around it so it's not that. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks! I'll try to get a video tomorrow in the morning when I go to drive it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.